S. Mark Taper Foundation
Early Childhood Learning Center (ECLC)
ATTENTION: The Early Childhood Learning Center will be relocated to the Celebration Center from April 28 to May 21 while Kidspace undergoes renovations to the current ECLC exhibit space.
From the earliest hours of a child’s life, the toddler is an ingenious learning machine. Developing locomotion, language, and learning through experience, the toddler is an undeterred explorer and discovers the world through the marvels of their five senses. The Early Childhood Learning Center at Kidspace engages the senses and help toddlers turn into young learners who will investigate, discover, and express. It is a safe place for tots to crawl, walk, share, and take turns with their peers. Children can also experiment with art materials and discover their own unique creativity. This space is for children ages 4 and under.
What to expect
- An area for shoes and belongings. ECLC is a no-shoe area so adults and children must take their shoes off
- Parents and their children can engage and interact with one another, learn how to crawl, walk, climb, and slide down. Shock-absorbent flooring surrounds the structures to ensure safety
- Read or snuggle up in the cozy corner
- A place to do mini art activities with your toddler
- For an outdoor area for ages 4 and under. Learn More
ECLC Activities & Programs
Early Learner Programs
Bilingual Story Time
Due to our Baby and Me Class, the Early Childhood Learning Center will be closed to the public from 9:30am to 10:30am on select Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays.
- Please enjoy your drinks and snacks outside as there is no food or allowed inside.
- Be prepared to play and interact with your little one—children must always be with an adult.
- Bring socks as no shoes are allowed in the Early Child. You and your little one might be more comfortable wearing socks instead of being barefoot.
- Strollers must be left outside. Valuables should never be left unattended.
- This space is for our youngest guests aged 4 and under. Please plan ahead if you have older siblings visiting Kidspace with you. We recommend a second adult be available to enjoy other areas of the museum with them as you and your little one enjoy the Early Childhood Center. If this is not an option older siblings may attend the Early Childhood room with their 4 and under siblings provided they respect the rules and are mindful of this special space. Please note that Kidspace reserves the right to ask any guest to exit the museum at any time for safety or behavior issues.
- When the Early Childhood center is closed guests are invited to explore Kirby’s Kids Corner, our outdoor space for early learners. During Baby & Me class sessions the Early Childhood Center will be closed from 9:30-10:30am on Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturdays.