Give your budding gardener the chance to learn the importance of cultivating a healthy garden and body. Class participants will enjoy getting dirty by planting in the new Kidspace Greenhouse, be creative with eco-art activities, learn to discover with their scientist hands, and try some healthy snacks. Garden Buds is a sample class of Kidspace’s popular Summer Little Sprouts Club.
Coming Back Febuary 2017
- One time class
- Class appropriate for ages 30 months-42 months
- $26 per child | 10% off with Kidspace Membership | Non-refundable
- Child must be accompanied by an adult caregiver
- Class requires active, physical participation form each caregiver attending with their child
- Both child and adult are encouraged to wear clothes that you can get dirty
- All classes are non-refundable
Why Gardening is good for Kids
- Responsibility – from caring for plants
- Understanding – as they learn about cause and effect (for example, plants die without water, weeds compete with plants)
- Self-confidence – from achieving their goals and enjoying the food they have grown
- Love of nature – a chance to learn about the outdoor environment in a safe and pleasant place
- Reasoning and discovery – learning about the science of plants, animals, weather, the environment, nutrition and simple construction
- Physical activity – doing something fun and productive
- Cooperation – including shared play activity and teamwork
- Creativity – finding new and exciting ways to grow food
- Nutrition – learning about where fresh food comes from.
An important part of growing our food is also eating it! Children will help make a healthy snack that all will enjoy.
Please contact Sam Mendoza if child or caregiver has any allergies (this includes nuts, citrus herbs, etc.)
Continue to Grow!
Follow these link for a general outline of the development and importance during the toddler and preschool years and gardening.
For any questions please contact
626-449-9144 ext 5201