This garden themed monthly class will provide your budding botanist a unique hands-on learning experience to cultivate their relationship with plants and nature. Class participants will be able to plant in our Harvest Corner, create art with nature, practice scientific observations, and taste some healthy snacks.
Saturday, April 29, 2017
9:30 to 11:00am
- One time class
- Class appropriate for ages 30 to 42 months
- $30 per child | 10% off with Kidspace Membership | Non-refundable
- Child must be accompanied by an adult caregiver
- Class requires active, physical participation form each caregiver attending with their child
- Both child and adult are encouraged to wear clothes that you can get dirty
- All classes are non-refundable
Why Gardening is good for Kids
- Responsibility – from caring for plants
- Understanding – as they learn about cause and effect (for example, plants die without water, weeds compete with plants)
- Self-confidence – from achieving their goals and enjoying the food they have grown
- Love of nature – a chance to learn about the outdoor environment in a safe and pleasant place
- Reasoning and discovery – learning about the science of plants, animals, weather, the environment, nutrition and simple construction
- Physical activity – doing something fun and productive
- Cooperation – including shared play activity and teamwork
- Creativity – finding new and exciting ways to grow food
- Nutrition – learning about where fresh food comes from.
An important part of growing our food is also eating it! Children will help make a healthy snack that all will enjoy.
Please contact Max Rosa if the child or caregiver has any allergies (this includes nuts, citrus herbs, etc.).
Continue to Grow!
Follow these link for a general outline of the development and importance during the toddler and preschool years and gardening.
For any questions please contact
626-449-9144, ext. 5205