4th Annual Bug Fair
4th Annual Bug Fair June 29, 2013 - 10:00 am @
Let there be bugs! Join us for our 4th annual Bug Fair! This is the place for getting up close and personal with bugs, spiders, worms, insects, and other creepy crawlies. Insect enthusiasts, educators, and bug professionals will offer dynamic presentations, conduct demonstrations, and sell insect specimens (living and prepared).
This year we will also be having ladybug clusters for adoption. Get your very own ladybugs to help keep your garden or local park free from pesky garden pests. Thats right! Ladybugs are real bug heroes. Don't miss our two ladybug releases in our gardens at 11:45 am and 2:45 pm where you can join us and release some of your wonderful ladybugs into the Kidspace garden! Ladybugs are $5.50 for a cluster of 300 ladybugs, while supplies last.
Also, be sure to register for our one of our two workshops! This year for the first time Kidspace is offering a workshop of wormy composting. Worms are another superhero of the garden... and your kitchen! Learn how to take all your kitchen plant waste and turn it into plant superfood. Worm composters can easily be kept indoors without any smell. So sign up and come over to Kidspace to get your very own mini wormy composter!
Click below to register:
You will also get the chance to try out any of the following activities happening thoughout the museum:
- Meet a variety of animals that eat bugs (10:45am, 11:30am, 3:00pm and 4:00pm)
- Maybe try eating some deliciously prepared bugs yourself (all day)
- Go hunting for bugs in the kidspace gardens (11:15am and 2:15pm)
- Watch bugs paint masterpieces (all day)
- Try your hand at being an insect specialist, or entomologist, by sorting bugs (all day)
- Get a feel for what it would be like to be a bug and have antennas (all day)
- Make a ladybug doily (all day)
- Make a creepy spider inspired by the artist Louise Bourgeouis (all day)
- Participate in bug related story time and music time in the Early Childrhood Learning Center (11:15am, 12:15pm, 3:15pm and 4:15pm)
- Get messy with paint during a special buggy Messy Moments in the Early Childhood learning Center (2:15pm)
Phone No: 626-449-9144 #5207